May 10, 2011
In a recent blog post Peter Metzinger explains, why he is sponsoring the current Swiss tour of ’77, a band from Barcelona that he calls “the reincarnation of Bon Scott with AC/DC”.
Some of you might have noticed that I changed my claim and the one of business campaigning Switzerland. It is now
Campaigning like Rock’n’Roll
Rock’n’Roll has a lot to do with how I understand Campaigning. Rock’n’Roll is passion and dynamics. Rock’n’Roll requires a lot of hard work and discipline if you want to achieve anything that matters. Rock’n’Roll is all about creating a broad range of songs with just a few chords. Rock’n’Roll is the art to have on one side a clear concept and on the other hand to improvise in tune with the change of circumstances. Rock’n’Roll is to reduce things to the maximum, to keep things simple but yet not irrelevant or without a message. Rock’n’Roll writes history. Rock’n’Roll polarizes, there are fans and opponentes, but everybody knows what Rock’n’Roll stands for. Rock’n’Roll is authentic. Rock’n’Roll is about breaking the laws and finding a third way/solution/option, where other can see only two. Rock’n’Roll is about creativity, not only in the sense of creating something outstanding but also in the sense of creating something that lasts, something timeless and self-sustainable. Rock’n’Roll is about creating a movement. Rock’n’Roll changed the world and made it a better place to be. Rock’n’Roll is pure energy. Rock’n’Roll is my personal passion, just like Campaigning. If you understand Rock’n’Roll, then you understand the way I work.
Read more about the band, his motivation and download the flyer he created on www.petermetzinger.com
January 5, 2011
By Peter Metzinger
While reading the last pages of The Black Swan by Nassim Nicholas Taleb today I came across some nice guidelines for your conduct of life, or your attitude towards life, that deal with being in control instead of letting others control you. That makes them nice interpretations of SCG 2. Have fun reading and implementing:
- “Missing a train is only painful if you run after it! Likewise, not matching the idea of success others expect from you is only painful if that’s what you are seeking.“
- “You stand above the rat race and the pecking order, not outside of it, if you do so by choice.”
- “Quitting a high-paying position, if it is your decision, will seem a better payoff than the utility of the money involved (this may seem crazy, but I’ve tried it and it works). This is the first step toward the stoic’s throwing a four-letter word at fate.”
- “You have far more control over your life if you decide on your criterion by yourself.”
- “Be aggresive; be the one to resign, if you have the guts.”
- “It is more difficult to be a loser in a game you set up yourself.”
- “In Black Swan terms, this means that you are exposed to the improbable only if you let it control you.”
- “You always control what you do; so make this your end.”
Another nice one, thought not SCG 2, is this one:
“When you develop your opinions on the basis of weak evidence, you will have difficulty interpreting subsequent information that contradicts these opinions, even if this new information is obviously more accurate.”
February 26, 2010
Guest post by Peter Metzinger on Jules Zunich’s Z Group PR Blog. Enjoy reading.